NAMI Basics Online
NAMI SUSSEX COUNTY PRESENTS AN ON-LINE EDUCATION CLASS:
NAMI Basics is a 6-session education program for parents, caregivers and other family who provide care for youth (ages 22 and younger) who are experiencing mental health symptoms. This program is free to participants The course is taught by a trained team with lived experience raising a child with a mental health condition. They know what you’re going through because they’ve been there too.
What You’ll Gain
By participating in NAMI Basics, you’ll realize that you are not alone. You’ll find support and shared understanding—compassion, reinforcement and empathy from people who truly get your situation. And don’t forget: Your experiences may also help others in the course. Together, you will all learn that recovery is a journey, and there is hope.
NAMI Basics Covers:
– The impact mental health conditions can have on your entire family
– Different types of mental health care professionals, available treatment options and therapies
– An overview of the public mental health care, school and juvenile justice systems and
Resources to help you navigate these systems
– How to advocate for your child’s rights at school and in health care settings
– How to prepare for and respond to crisis situations (self-harm, suicide attempts, etc.)
– The importance of taking care of yourself
– Much, much more
Classes are every Tuesday from 6:45 until 9:15 beginning OCTOBER 5th through NOVEMBER 9th
To sign up click here.
For questions, contact: Annette Hoffman and Kelly Brooks Email: [email protected]