Hearts & Minds
NAMI New Jersey’s Hearts & Minds program is a one day or 8 week class focusing on inner and outer wellness for the public.
You’ll gain information and tools that can help you plan and achieve recovery goals and better overall health.
– How to advocate for your health
– How physical and mental health are specifically connected
– Gut health and how nutrition can affect the brain
– Current information on the interplay of diet and fitness — and how they can influence your symptoms
– Effective methods for managing the side effects of medication
– Substance abuse and smoking cessation
– How to gain a greater sense of control over how you feel
Improve symptoms by learning how body systems interact and by effectively managing the physical effects of mental illness, using strategies that improve long-term health.
Sign Up For A Class
NAMI New Jersey will introduce the Heart+Minds class in 2025.
The program is free to any organization or group throughout the state and includes goal setting and exercise and food journals.